The idea for establishing this site came from the experience using several hours researching the best campsites for ourselves camping in Europe. We could see a need for putting it all together in one place for easy access. Unlike other campsite booking sites, you will not find thousands of campsites all with sky-high ratings. There are indeed a lot of great campsites but to make things easy, we present a small but proven selection of great campsites.
The collection of “best campsites in Europe” are primary handpicked by the big community of travel bloggers and “vanlifers” who have an enormesus experience camping in Europe.
All “best campsites” come with a review/ description with a picture or two, map location, adress and contact details.
As everyone have their own preferences of a good campsite, we have divided the sites into the following categories.
- Big campsites / luxury facilities
- Small / cosy campsites
- Campsites close to an attraction
- Campsites close to a city/village
- Campsites cottages (not requiring a tent, caravan or motorhome so typically directed to people flying into the nearby airport and pick up a rental car driving to the site)
- Simple campsites (no pool, etc.)
- Campsites that can handle +8m caravans / campervans
In addition to these categories, you can search on … tags like “Wine”, “trekking”, etc. finding a campsite that is described with any of these.
Once you have found yourself a campsite, please check it out their website or call for reservation / booking. We encourage you to check if the site is in proximity to your interests; nature, villages, shopping / groceries, beach, etc.
The site has just started up so bear with us while we are developing the collection of “best campsites in Europe”.